Thursday, July 10, 2008

What's For Dinner?


I love to cook ... correction, I love to bake. Unfortunately, you can't have cupcakes, brownies, the latest and greatest Tollhouse treat for dinner, so it does resort to some cooking. I'm very lucky that Don is a fabulous cook and really goes the extra mile in doing more than his fair share of dinners.

Tonight, I thought I would post one of my favorite recipes. It's so stinkin' easy to make and, remarkably, is very healthy!

I found this recipe on the SparkPeople.com website after the first of the year. We've made it at least a dozen times since then. It's definitely a 30 minute meal :)

FAJITA CHILI
1 pound hamburger meat
2 cans of red kidney beans
2 cans of diced tomatoes
2 green bell peppers
2 red bell peppers
1 medium onion
Chili powder to taste
Cumin to taste

Brown the hamburger meat, onions, and peppers together. Toss in a pot with the spices, beans and tomatoes. Heat to a low boil and it's done. Last night, we tried topping it with a dollup of sour cream and some cheese. Don liked it better that way. I prefer it as is. (We also had jalapeno cheese bread ... yum!)

This weekend, I'm planning on making Bunco Buns and probably brownies or maybe a strawberry cake ... If they knock our socks off, I'll post a picture and the recipe!

No comments: