Tuesday, July 22, 2008

No More Click Babies

All my babies are grown. It's a sad realization. Gone are all the cribs ... gone are all the toddler beds. The kids now both have twin beds - beds that they could sleep in for the rest of their lives if need be. It really is amazing how time flies.

Piper's baby box was under her toddler bed when we moved it out of her room last week. Last night, I opened it to look inside at all the treasures that I had kept. There was a newborn sized diaper. I kept one from both kids as a reminder of how fast they grow. It was unbelievable to me to think that she really was once that small, and now I've blinked my eyes and both kids are - for the most part - completely self-sufficient little people. They have their own opinions and their own wants and needs.

As cliche as it is, I know that I will blink again and they will be in college. What a scary and sad thought. I'm clinching tight to these precious preschool years. The innocence is so teaching. I hang on their every sweet thought.

... and look forward to every coming moment to see them grow even more.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

I just got my new iphone today. anything i should be aware of?

it is sad that your babies are no longer babies. but you're a little bit away from teenagers. thank God

Rachael said...

btw, my blog is
http://www.rachieann.com