Monday, July 14, 2008

Piper's Room ReDesign

Don and I love looking at model houses. It's been one of our favorite past times since we moved to Texas. If you know anything about where we live, you'll know that it's a hot-bed for builders. It was recently cited as the fastest growing suburb in Houston. It's expected to grow by 80,000 people in the next 5 years! Unbelievable. But, with that said, most of the houses are less than 10 years old, so they are building like wildfire out our way. No sign of a recession there.

For the past two weeks, we have totally re-done Avery's room. Gone are any signs that a toddler lived in that room. It is maxed-out-little boy. Complete with a loft bed, school desk, and cool decor - he's sure to be so excited when he gets home. I'll post pictures soon I promise. (PS - please don't share any stories about how your kid fell out of their loft/bunk bed. I'm mortified of him sleeping up there.)

We thought we were home free on Miss Piper's room. Hang some pictures, paint Avery's old bed white for her, and she was good to go! Well, that was the plan until yesterday. I was re-inspired for her room. I've always wanted to do something different, but didn't really want to invest the money because I wasn't completely sold on any one idea. I always knew that I wanted to eventually do a Hollywood Regency style for her - it screams her name. Well, yesterday we saw two rooms that totally blew me away.

Here are the inspiration rooms:





I like elements of both rooms. I like the simplicity of the pink and brown room. It's so clean and so fun with the "wall words", but I love the glam of the black and green room. I think we're going to do a combination of the two. Let's call it "Traditional Hollywood Regency." I'll get back to you with pictures as I progress ... but if I have my way, and can find some great bargains, our little Diva will be set when she comes home from vacation!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I so love the top one more. of course, it is pink.