Friday, August 1, 2008

A Berry Good Smoothie


I ran across a fantastic (and easy and cheap) recipe for a smoothie. It is so incredibly good for you, too! I need to jump back on the "healthy" bandwagon, so I tried it and now can't get enough.

1 cup of fat-free vanilla yogurt (use the store brand)
1 cup of fresh strawberries, cut into thirds
3 cups of ice
1 Crystal Light Singles packet (you know, the ones you put in bottled water - also, feel free to use the store brand. Oh, I used Wild Strawberry flavor)

Holy Cow - it's so good!!! It made enough for two tall glasses. I drank one for my dinner. The other serving I put into a Ziploc freezer bowl and popped into the freezer. This morning, I'm having it for breakfast. As it thaws it's like an Icee. Or, if you are a Disney World fan, think Strawberry Dole Whip. Super yummy!

So, try this recipe this weekend - it's Summer Perfect.

No comments: