Saturday, August 2, 2008

Sam Moon and IKEA

It was a day of shopping. I had to go to a store that I've heard about for over a year. Twice there have been trips planned to go here, only to have them not pan out at the last minute. I decided to brave it by myself today. Sam Moon was amazing. No, Sam isn't a male friend that has a dying affection for purses and accessories. Sam Moon is the name of the store, or excuse me, shopping center. It wasn't just a store - it was a strip mall with all different stores all beginning with Sam Moon. Sam Moon: Luggage; Sam Moon: Accessories; and Sam Moon: Home Store.

I loved the luggage store. So many cute sets. I could have left with 20 different sets of luggage - I loved them all. They also had great picture frames (which have nothing to do with luggage). And, don't forget the backpacks. I wish I had needed one!!!

Let's move now to the accessory store. I have never seen anything like it - the greatest conglomeration of crap in the world. I bet there were 900 different kids of earrings, 2005 different necklaces, 412,000 purses. It was out of control. I was happy that they had hairbows. Not for me, silly ... for Piper. (I laughed when I pictured myself with a hairbow. I should do it one day just for effect.) Anyone with little girls knows that finding a store that sells hairbows is a covert mission. Well, Miss Piper is well set. I bought 24.

Because I'm a glutton for punishment. I left Sam Moon and went to IKEA. Call me crazy, but I did it. There were a few things that I needed to finish Piper's room and various other projects. Thanks to my good judgement, I talked myself out of most everything I thought I needed as I walked the aisles. However, I have never seen a greater number of people in one place in my life. I would love to know what that place makes in one day - I couldn't even begin to guess.

Let me just add that if you've never eaten at the IKEA cafeteria, you are really missing something. Let me recommend the Swedish Meatballs (with gravy), although today I was good and had the vegetarian lasagna.

It felt like it was 900-degrees outside today. It made me glad that I'm a Christian. It's days like today that I think "If Hell is anywhere as hot as this, I want absolutely no part of it." I seriously thought I might melt. It was awful.

I hear the faint cry of the pool calling my name for tomorrow.

1 comment:

glitzen said...

So fun to find a new blog I like! Felt like I went shopping with you.
Going to try the smoothie..we love smoothies!

Putabuttononit