Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tropical Storm Let Down



Well, Edouard fizzled out. He was headed straight to Galveston and expected to be a Category 1 by the time it made landfall. Somewhere along the road, it made a turn north and landed a little early.

This morning before I left for work, the weathercasters were predicting 5.8" of rain at our house. I went into work to get done a few things that were necessary for others to do their projects, and then left right before it was supposed to hit. I did hit a few deep places on the way home, so it was a great move to come on home.

However, it's now late afternoon and the whole thing has fizzled out. I'd say we got 2" (I realize that 2" is a good amount of rain), but it's nowhere near 6".

I think I'll "try out" for weathercaster. I think I'd be great, and obviously, could do just as good of a job as the yahoo's we have around here!

No comments: