Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Funny Little Kiddos

Last night, they seemed to have a lot on their mind!

Car conversation:
Piper: "I think they are building another swimming pool right there."
Avery: "I just don't know what they are doing in this world."
(ditto to that, by the way, was my first thought ... )

At home ... Piper was looking through the files where we keep all of our bank statements, receipts, etc.
Me: "Piper, what are you looking for?"
Piper (very promptly): "I'm looking for 60-dollars."
Me: "Why do you need 60-dollars?"
Piper: "Because I'm gonna go to Mickey Mouse's house!"

I don't know what I thought was funny before these kids. Their little outlooks and out-takes can make me smile on the saddest day. I love to hear them talk to each other about "who knows what" in the car. It's hysterical ... they are so funny communicating with each other. Piper is definitely the dominant personality and Avery just tries to reason with her as best he can. Sometimes, he just shakes his head. Actually, sometimes we just shake our heads too ...

1 comment:

Kaylan said...

Please post more of these kinds of conversations. I miss them! And you! And your precious kiddos!