Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Britney Concert Review

I'm still excited about this concert. I'd see it again and again and again ... It was amazing.

Here are a couple of basic observations:

(1) The Pussycat Dolls were great live. They was no lip-syncing at all and those girls can move! I knew a lot more of their songs than I thought I did. They are not your typical opening act.

(2) I had on more clothes than anyone else in the entire Toyota Center. I live by the philosophy that "If you ain't 'got it,' don't flaunt it!" Several others should have followed my lead.

(3) Britney is still the Princess of Pop.

Lots of people are all up in arms about her lip-syncing all or part of the concert. I couldn't tell whether she was or not, and really - it didn't matter. The tour is a SHOW ... The girl moved and danced the entire two hours she was on stage. If she isn't singing every song live - I can completely understand why. More importantly, it wasn't obvious when she came in and out of live singing, so my experience wasn't affected.

One of the most incredible parts of the concert was the opening act with Perez Hilton. I found a couple of videos on YouTube, but none could capture the "coolness" and quality of the video. It was incredible.

The set list was really good. Lots of my favorites from the Circus album, a couple from Blackout, several from In the Zone. A good selection and good mixes of all the songs.

Finally, the choreography was OUT OF CONTROL. Britney always has great dancers, but this time it was off the chain. Lots of style changes and even a chance for each dancer to showcase their own talent in a special "feature" segment. Pussycat Dolls had some great choreography too. I was amazed at how much they were able to do in those TALL-heeled boots!

Overall, we got our money's worth from this concert and more! I'd see it again in a heartbeat. Even if you aren't a fan of Britney's music, the show itself was well worth the price of the ticket. If you are a Britney fan, and you haven't see the show yet, buy your ticket TODAY.

Special shout-out to my sweet husband. What a trooper going with me, although he had an equally good time. It was fun to be together for a night out!

No comments: