Friday, March 6, 2009

TGIF

Thank God (literally) It's Friday!!!

This day has been a trainwreck for me. Anyone else see a recurring theme? I'm planning to spend a lot of time this weekend reflecting on what the obstacles are in my life that are causing me to stumble ... almost uncontrollably. The past three weeks have been out-of-control and I am ready to get the reins hauled back in. It's driving me nuts and making me unproductive to everyone involved in my life.

Tonight and tomorrow morning I'm attending a Women's Conference at church. I'm a little apprehensive about it because I don't know anyone else going. Originally, I had planned to invite some girls that I work with to join me, but something inside me said that I really needed to step out in faith and go this one alone.

I've spent a lot of time praying for a girlfriend that I can do things with and connect with. I have several that I love dearly, but don't get to see often enough. And, it's hard with the kids. Don works long hours and travels so much that it makes it hard to do anything other than work and wrangle kids. And truthfully, I'm nervous. The idea of walking into that big room all alone is terrifying to me. I'm not a loner. I need someone to walk in with ... you know what I mean. Someone to meet in the lobby. Someone to download with during the break.

This weekend will be uncharted territory for me.

But, I'm praying nonetheless and have had a strong feeling that I'm going to get something big out of this conference. It's testing my patience to see it revealed ... and I'm smart enough about this God-business to know that I probably won't see it revealed for some time now. And that's ok.

2 comments:

Anna L. Valle said...

hey - I would love to hear how you were ministered to at this conference and anything you want to share about the subject matter! Sounds like it was awesome.

Unknown said...

Wow this is a touching post and hits me where I'm at. I don't know when you moved her, but I moved here in August and am still making friends...so far none really at church. I wasn't sure from your posts if you go to 2nd Baptist or Sugar Creek or if you just work at Sugar Creek or what? I don't go to 2nd but two of my neighbors do...I go to the Fellowship at Cinco Ranch. But if you happen to want someone to go with you to certain church things at 2nd, I'd be happy to go with you. I almost joined the MOPS group there but didn't because when I spoke to the leader on the phone it sounded awfully cliquey.