Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Bachelor

I think I can finally talk about the Bachelor and not get in a tizwad.

I was so mad on Monday night that I could have chewed through the couch cushion. I cried, I cussed (yes, I said it), I almost threw something.

I really liked both girls, but let's face it - we all knew Melissa was the girl for him. I was crying right along with her when he got down on one knee.

I wonder what the heck Molly is thinking. I wonder what her family is thinking. You know that they must have some reservations. I'd love to be a fly on their wall.

I think the main problem is that Jason doesn't have a faith foundation to base his commitment on. I'm not saying that everyone that's NOT a Christian is going to get divorced, I just think that perhaps it gives MOST PEOPLE a better grasp of forgiveness, grace and mercy. He seemed very quick to move on to the next flavor.

I hope that they work out. I certainly wish them no ill will, and how horrible for Molly if he drops her in 6 weeks too.

And, I can't even talk about the example he is for his son. Good grief. I bet his first wife is beyond frustrated. How do you explain what's happening to a child of his age. Yes, I know he's tried to shield him, but kids are smart. They know way more than we give them credit for.

And, now I can watch the Bachelorette and hope for less drama and try not to get as personally invested. Jillian is a smart smart girl. I can't wait to see how she does.

Was anyone else surprised that Stephanie wasn't chosen as the Bachelorette? I really felt like they would use her. Who knows? Maybe there's a reality show that they are casting her for this minute.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I missed this episode.. everyone seems to be talking about it though!!

I feel so bad for Melissa... I really think that guy is a jerk.

Just wanted to comment and say I just came across your blog - I'll def. be back! Great site