Sunday, December 21, 2008

BooMama's Tour of Homes

It's that time again ... and I'm three days later than I intended to be. I'm also not as thorough as I intended to be. This Christmas season started with a bang for me, then hit a lull ... and now, has wholloped me in the head with the fact that there are only three days left! But, a few of you have mentioned that you would like to see some of our decorations, so here it is !!!


Here's our front door. We actually have lights outside, but - to be completely honest - this is the coldest night of the year (so far) and I wasn't interested in huffing it out to the sidewalk to get a picture. So, let's just start with the door!


This is the tree in our Dining Room. Don decorated this one on his own. He really should do this professionally during the holidays. He has a great eye for this type of thing.


This is my little Christmas Village. It's really gotten the shaft since we moved to Texas. In Tennessee, we had it on the mantle in the Living Room. We had all the little accessories (including battery-powered lights on the houses, a pond, etc.) - it was really "Christmas-y". Now, it gets thrown on the entry table as a side thought. In fact, we didn't even unpack it last year. So, it's going on Craigslist on December 26. I hope it finds a good home.


This is our tree in our Family Room. It holds all of our family ornaments and things that we all love, especially ornaments that the kids make themselves! This year, Don added the red poinsetta's and he made the topper! (Notice that I haven't wrapped yet. The only presents under the tree are from Aunt Tempa!)


This is one of my favorite ornaments. It goes in the center every year!


This is one of those "much better in person things", but I love that I am married to someone who can look at the top of our shelf and come back with something that totally fits and only costs 75-cents! The jug and the mirror live there 365 days a year - the jar with ornaments from Wal-Mart appeared via Don during a commerical break from Boston Legal.


This is our mantle in the Family Room. The garland is lit although the picture doesn't show that very well. It looks gorgeous when the candles are lit, but again - I'm doing this quickly :)


This is the best part - the lights on the playset. The kids LOVE it. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but there are lights inside the "fort" so that the kids can go in at night and play.

* The kids have a Christmas Tree in their Gameroom. I'll take a picture tonight and post it. They both fell asleep on the couch tonight watching ABC Family channel's "12 Days of Christmas". We left them on the couch to sleep. I didn't want to risk waking them up with the flash.

So, now that you've checked out our house, head on over to BooMama's Tour of Homes. It's so fun to see what everyone has posted! Get ready ... it's addictive :)







1 comment:

Carolina Mama said...

Found your blog on Twitter. Wanted to invite you to Carolina Girls my Blog roll @ Carolina Mama. http://carolinamama1.blogspot.com