Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Scarfing Day Two and Words of Wisdom

It's Day Two of "The Year of the Scarf". Yesterday I did a video blog about it. (If you are reading this on Facebook, follow my "real" blog at http://stephanieclick.blogspot.com to see the video!)

Here's a pic of Day One


Now, Day Two (notice that it's tied differently ...) Thanks again to my scarf blogging friends for the plethora of ideas on different ways to tie :)


... and here are my words of wisdom today. They come from my husband, who as usual, is
speaking to me about doing more things for myself. (It's on my list of New Years Resolutions, but it's still an everyday struggle.) My reply to Don was, of course, that there is so much to do at work, home, with the kids, and with him, that I'm worn out by the time I have a chance to do anything for myself ... this conversation was taking place via email and this is what he replied ...

"You know how when you're on an airplane and they're going over the safety rules and they get to the air mask part? They say 'place your own mask on before you assist others, including children.' Make sure your air mask is on before you put on ours...."

Those words have stayed with me all day. I think I'm gonna see if Michael (my flight attendant brother-in-law) can get me a mask that I can hang in my closet to remind me of this statement.

Thanks Don! That's why I love you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

He's such a good guy!
As much as we know he's right, it's still hard to do!!

Silly Monkey said...

Very good point by Don. Sometimes we're so worried about helping other people, that we forget to do stuff for ourselves sometimes. Not in a selfish kind of way. But you know, if you can't help or work on yourself, how can you help anyone else.

PS. Nice scarf! I didn't know there were different ways of tying one up. :)