Tuesday, January 20, 2009

2009 - A New Year for Me



These are my New Year's Resolutions. Yes, I am fully aware that January is nearly over, but I've really thought about these for a while and these are items that I want to make hold in my life and truly stick with. Hold me accountable.

(1) I want to write hand-written notes to people. I'm the world's worst at writing an email "thank you" or getting busy and forgetting about it when I REALLY did appreciate what you did!

(2) Lose Weight. Yes, I know ... join the bandwagon. But, I only have 25 pounds. It's a gigantic amount to me, but so much less than other people have. I know that if I tackle this now, I won't have a huge problem later down the road.

(3) I have to do better with my daily Bible reading. I'm so excited that I'm joining a Ladies Bible Study in a couple of weeks. I'm hoping that this study will give me a starting point for a real plan to read through the Bible without getting overwhelmed or distracted.

(4) A month or so ago, my mother-in-law sent me a video of a child she knows reciting Bible verses. It struck me that there is no reason that my children should not be doing that. Avery has dealt with a lot of teasing this year. He's extremely sensitive, so it's weighed very heavily on him. He needs these verses to hide in his heart. I found a great site for this and intend to be faithful to this challenge.

(5) I need to make a schedule of when I'm going to do what each week. It sounds crazy, but my life is out-of-control. I work about 45 hours a week, Don works around 60 hours a week, the kids are going different directions, and it goes on and on. I need to do menu planning and a house schedule so that we don't spend the times we are all in the same spot doing laundry or picking up the house.

(6) I WILL make time for me. I tend to look after and do whatever is needed for everyone around me and not take care of myself. I will get my hair cut on a regular schedule, use the "good" body wash!, get a pedicure once in a while, go out with the girls ... take time for myself before I forget who I am. Don always says "you need to relax!" I truthfully don't think I know how.

(7) I have several money-saving articles in my mind. I really feel that I can help people save money. I need to get these articles on paper and pitch them to our local magazines. It would be a great second-income/occasional income for our family and there is no good reason for me not to do it.

(8) Finally, this is kind-of petty ... but I want to watch all the seasons of Sex and the City. I've never seen a single episode or the movie. Anyone who knows me won't believe this since (apparently) the show SCREAMS my name. I got Season 1 from Netflix so I'm ready to get started :)

2 comments:

Rachael said...

OMG you've never experienced SATC????? Girl get on that asap!

Silly Monkey said...

Good list. I got a few of those on my list too. Here's to the new year!