Thursday, November 13, 2008

Good-bye Lipstick Jungle :(


I got word today that NBC has canceled Lipstick Jungle. They have 5 unaired episodes that they aren't sure they are even gonna show. Seriously ... Oh, and the reason for the cancellation ... get this! Too many people are recording the show to watch at a later time. Can I just say this "Your target audience is women aged 30-45 years old. We're putting our kids to sleep at 9:00 PM." I am never able to watch the show when it airs - it just doesn't work out. But, I do record the show and watch it later, OR I buy the episode on iTunes and PAY NBC to let me watch it!!!

PS - Aren't we in the age of DVRs? Are they going to start canceling everything because people are watching it in it's real time slot?

I'm going to quit watching television series. Every show I like (with the exception of Desperate Housewives) gets the ax. I'm the kiss of death apparently.

First, Cashmere Mafia ... now, Lipstick Jungle.

This stinks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well that does stink! I did like the show even though I only was able to watch about four episodes because of the time slot and rarely remember to set up to record ahead of time. Maybe different night, later time slot?? Technically if you are recording it and your TV is "watching" it even if you aren't, doesn't that still count for Nielsen ratings??