Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Other Woman

There's a new woman in Avery's life. According to him, she's the smartest person in the world. And, she's kind, considerate, and did I mention smart - she knows everything. To top it off, her name is "Katie" ... how cute is that?

Here's her picture ...





That's right ... it's his kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Katie Gates. And, Avery's right - she is everything that he says and more.

I prayed all summer for this woman; a woman that I didn't even know at that point. I prayed for a teacher that would make learning fun, that would realize his potential, that would be compassionate to his sensitive nature, and most of all, for a Christian woman who would show respect and love to every child in her class.

I'll chalk this up as an answered prayer. Mrs. Gates is amazing. I can't imagine a better teacher if I had handpicked her myself.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How wonderful! I felt the same way about B's kindergarten teacher. She was just amazing!

Sounds like he has a great year in the works!