Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Gold Medal Big Brother


I went on and on about Piper yesterday on her birthday ... however, let me tell you about sweet, sweet little Avery. God bless his compassionate little soul. He's really an 80 year old man trapped in a 5 year old's body.

Here's his first little sweet statement of the night. We had just parked at Chuck E Cheese. I got Avery out, and my mom got Piper out. As Avery was getting out the car, he looked at me and said "Mom, tonight, let's only play the games that Piper likes, ok?" I could have just melted ... I almost cried on the spot.

Later, Uncle Cory and Riley called. Piper talked and then handed the phone to Avery. He talked for several minutes and then was winding the conversation up. He said "good-bye," but then I heard "WAIT WAIT WAIT ... one more thing! (pause) Thanks for calling my sister on her birthday." ..... Anything he could do to make her day more special, and to let other people know that THEY made her day special, he was right there to acknowledge.

I mean, really ... who wouldn't love to have a big brother like Avery? Piper is a lucky girl, and I am the luckiest mom in the world.

2 comments:

Abra Leah Cross said...

That is adorable! :)

Rachael said...

Glad you're back to blogging! I missed your updates!